Commission or Committee Vacancies
If you are a Grover Beach resident interested in serving as a volunteer on a City Commission or Committee, we encourage you to apply. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Residents with applications on file within the past 12-month period will be contacted in the event interviews are being scheduled to fill a vacancy or vacancies.
When a vacancy occurs or a term is going to expire, a notice of vacancy for a City Commission or Committee is advertised in the following locations:
- City website
- Local newspapers (Press Releases)
- Government Cable Access Channel 20
- City bulletin boards
Notice of Commission / Committee Vacancies
- Maddy Act Notice - Scheduled vacancies for the calendar year.
- Planning Commission - Two (2) seats are scheduled to be open with the expiration of two Commission terms on May 31, 2018. The commission is a planning agency authorized by law to grant or deny land use approvals. It also reviews and makes recommendations on the community's General Plan. Major areas of involvement are real estate development projects and business uses.
- Citizen Oversight Committee (Half-Percent Sales Tax Measure X-06) - Three (3) seats are currently vacant: One (1) seat is for an unscheduled vacancy (term of office expired on January 15, 2016). Two (2) seats are unfilled vacancies (terms of office expired on January 15, 2018).
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) - One (1) seat is currently vacant. The committee is advisory to the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG), a regional transportation planning agency for the County of San Luis Obispo.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's office at (805) 473-4568 or send an email to the City Clerk.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center