Approval Requirements

Projects Requiring Approval

A project may need an entitlement if any of the below applies:

  • The project proposes to construct or expand a building or structure, other than a single-family residence
  • The existing building or structure does not conform to the current Development Code regulations (i.e., setbacks, height, lot coverage)
  • The project is located in the C-R-1 District or R-1 District, is located north of Grand Avenue, and will exceed 15 feet in height.
  • The project is located in the C-R-1 or R-1 and proposes a second floor roof deck.
  • The proposed use of the parcel is not permitted by right in the Use Tables of the Grover Beach Municipal Code

Please note: Most entitlements are under the purview of the Planning Commission. Temporary Use Permits Administrative Development Permits, and Administrative Use Permits are considered by the Community Development Director.

See Applications and Checklists for additional information.