- City Manager's Office
- City Clerk
- Election Information - November 2014
Election Information - November 4, 2014
Mayor and City Council - Election of Officers and City Measure
Election Results for the November 4, 2014 General Municipal Election.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Grover Beach on Tuesday, November 4, 2014 for the following officers and City ballot measure:
|For Mayor||Full term of two (2) years|
|For two (2) Members of the City Council||Full term of four (4) years|
The City ballot measure to be voted on is as follows:
| City of Grover Beach|
|GROVER BEACH STREET REHABILITATION; SAFETY IMPROVEMENT BOND MEASURE: To rehabilitate/resurface deteriorating residential and major streets to improve drivability; maintain emergency response times; enhance safety for pedestrians, bicyclists, drivers, neighborhood school crosswalks; and promote economic/job growth; shall the City incrementally issue up to $48,000,000 of bonds at tax-exempt interest rates, requiring funds go directly into the Street Construction Designated Fund with all funds used exclusively for Grover Beach streets; subject to independent audits/citizens' oversight committee?||YES|
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that if no one or only one person is nominated for an elective office, appointment to the elective office may be made as prescribed by Section 10229 of the Elections Code of the State of California.
The polls will be open between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Candidates Running for Elective Office
(listed in alphabetical order)
- For the Office of Mayor: (vote for one)
John P. Shoals
- For the Office of Council Member: (vote for two)
A Candidate Forum was held on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. at the Ramona Garden Park Center, 993 Ramona Avenue (corner of North 10th Street and Ramona Avenue), Grover Beach. The first half hour included an informational program regarding the Grover Beach street bond measure (Measure K-14). The Candidate Forum is available to view on demand at Slo Span and select "Grover Beach Candidates Forum & Measure K-14". For more information regarding the Candidate Forum, please contact the Arroyo Grande and Grover Beach Chamber of Commerce.
City of Grover Beach - Measure K-14
- Resolution No. 14-49 (PDF) - Determining public interest and necessity to finance street improvements through general obligation bonds
- Ordinance No. 14-05 (PDF) - Ordering the placement of a City measure on the November 4, 2014 ballot
for the specific purpose of issuing bonds for street improvements
- Impartial Analysis of Measure K-14 (PDF)
- Tax Rate Statement Concerning Measure K-14 (PDF)
- Notice to Voters (PDF)
- Argument in Favor of Measure K-14 (PDF)
- Argument Against (No Argument Against was received by the filing deadline.)
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Letter to Residents and Business Owners - with Additional FAQs (PDF)
- Map - Grover Beach Streets, Current Pavement Condition Index (PCI) (PDF)
- Community Update Regarding Measure K-14 (PDF)- (September 12, 2014)
- Measure K-14 - Informational Mailer (PDF) - (October 8, 2014)
- Measure K-14 - Informational Mailer (PDF) - (October 15, 2014)
Voter Information - Registration, Vote-by-mail, Polling Location
To be eligible to vote for candidates and measures on the November 4, 2014 ballot, you must be registered to vote by no later than Monday, October 20, 2014. For more information regarding voter registration or to obtain a vote-by-mail ballot, please visit the San Luis Obispo County Clerk-Recorder's Office or call (805) 781-5228. For additional voter information, visit the Office of the Secretary of State.
To find the polling place to cast your ballot in San Luis Obispo County: Polling Place Look up.
Additional Election Information and Resources
- Fair Political Practices Commission: The Technical Assistance Division provides telephone assistance concerning campaign filing requirements and conflicts of interest.
- Secretary of State: The Elections Division has a wide variety of responsibilities in administering elections in California.
- Smart Voter: An online resource that provides nonpartisan information regarding elections and voting.
- California Easy Voter Guide: Provides new voters and busy voters with nonpartisan information for statewide elections in California.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center