Encroachment Permits

The Public Works Department Engineering Division issues Encroachment Permits. An Encroachment Permit is required for ALL work in (or use of) the public Right-of-Way - for any reason or duration of time. If you are unsure whether your project or event is located in the public Right-of-Way, you can contact Public Works at to confirm. 

The following link will help you successfully submit an Encroachment Permit Application:  Encroachment Permits

Contact Us

If you have any questions or need more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 473-4530.