Building Division Documents, Forms & Resources
THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT IS ACCEPTING ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS FOR BUILDING PERMITS AND DEVELOPMENT APPLICATIONS
In response to COVID-19, City Hall and other City facilities are temporarily closed to public access, but the City is still open for business and we are accepting and processing all permit applications.
Building Permit Applications and Development Permit Applications and related documents shall be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com. Please clearly label and separate documents (e.g. Title Report, plans, Structural Calculations, etc.). If document(s) are too large to email as an attachment, please send us an email link to the documents.
Please mail checks or money orders, made payable to the City of Grover Beach, to: City of Grover Beach, Community Development Department, 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433, or place in the "Utility Payment Drop Box" at 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433.
If you have any questions, including the amount due at the time of permit submittal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (805) 473-4520.
We will also continue to offer building permit inspections while observing the social distancing guidelines suggested by the CDC including maintaining a distance of at least six feet from other individuals. Please continue to make building permit inspections requests by calling (805) 473-4527.
Building Permit Applications and Forms
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Application for Unreasonable Hardship Exception to Disabled Access Requirements (PDF)
- Demolition Packet (PDF)
Building Permit Checklists
- Curb, Gutter, and Sidewalk Checklist (PDF)
- General Building Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Grading and Drainage Checklist (PDF)
- Solar Photovoltaic Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Residential Window and Door Replacement (PDF)
Building Division Documents and Resources
- Building Permit Process Flowchart (PDF)
- Owner Builder Informational Brochure (PDF)
- California Building Code (provided by the California Building Standards Commission)
- Septic Tank Abandonment and Connection to City Sewer Informational Handout
- Plans that Require Signature of a CA Professional Engineer or CA Registered Architect
- Disability Access Requirements and Resources:
Links to Documents and Resources from Other Departments
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center