November 8, 2022 General Municipal Election
Mayor and Council Member Election
Offices to be Elected
The following City offices are up for election as part of the November 8, 2022 General Election:
- City Council Member (4-year term ending Nov. 2026) - District 1
- City Council Member (4-year term ending Nov. 2026) - District 2
- Mayor (2-year term ending Nov. 2024)
The following individuals have filed their Form 501: "Candidate Intention Statement:"
Council Member for District 1
Council Member for District 2
- Nomination period opens: July 18, 2022, 8:00 a.m.
- Standard nomination period closes (deadline to file papers): August 12, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Extended nomination period closes (deadline to file for a seat if the incumbent does not file): August 17, 2022, 5:00 p.m.
- Deadline to register to vote: October 24, 2022* (see below for options if you miss the deadline)
- Election Day: November 8, 2022
*Voter Eligibility and Registration
In order to be eligible to vote in California, an individual must be a United States citizen, a resident of California, and 18 years of age or older on Election Day (16- and 17-year-olds may pre-register). Additional limitations may apply. In order to vote in a Grover Beach election, or nominate a candidate for a Grover Beach elected office, an individual must be registered to vote at an address in Grover Beach.
- Verify your voter registration status: Visit https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov or call San Luis Obispo County Elections at (805) 781-5228.
- Register or update your voter registration: Visit http://registertovote.ca.gov. Paper voter registration forms are available at San Luis Obispo County elections office, local libraries, Department of Motor Vehicles offices, and US Post Offices.
- Additional voter registration information may be found at at www.sos.ca.gov. If you miss the standard registration deadline, you can still register to vote conditionally and cast a ballot up to and including Election Day.
Candidate and Committee Information
- To view information about candidates for this election, please visit our Mayor & Council Candidates page.
- To view information about other committees for this election, please visit our Recipient Committees page.
- To view election notices and campaign filings (FPPC forms announcing the intent to solicit contributions, announcing the formation of a committee, disclosing donor names and donation amounts, etc.) for Grover Beach candidates and committees for the 2022 election, please visit "Campaign Finance Disclosures - November 2022" folder.
Information for Prospective Candidates
Residents interested in running for office are encouraged to contact the City Clerk's Office early for information about required paperwork and filing deadlines. The City Clerk offers hour-long appointments to discuss the prospect of running for office with any interested resident.
Grover Beach City Clerk's Office
City Hall, 154 S. 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m . to 5:00 p.m.)
Phone (805) 473-4562
Email City Clerk Wendi Sims: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must be registered to vote in the city of Grover Beach. Individuals who intend to run for office must file certain Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) forms with the City Clerk's Office before soliciting any campaign contributions or making any campaign expenditures. In order for a candidate's name to appear on the ballot, the candidate must obtain officially issued nomination materials from the City Clerk's Office, and submit all required nomination paperwork, including a petition signed by other city voters, during the specified nomination period (see "Key Dates" above). Other filing requirements include FPPC forms disclosing certain personal economic interests, and information about campaign contributions and expenditures.
Candidate Guidelines and nomination forms are available on the Candidate Resources page. Note: In order to be eligible to utilize these forms, a prospective candidate must first obtain an official Nomination Petition, issued by the City Clerk's Office.
Please visit the Campaign Signs page for more information.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center